13 Trains from (GY)GOOTY to (DHNE)DHONE
Address: Gooty Junction Station, Gooty R.S, Andhra Pradesh 515402, India
Station Code: GY
Station Name: GOOTY
Zone: SCR/South Central
Train Frequency Weekly: 262
Station Traffic: High
Address: S S Colony, Dhone, Andhra Pradesh 518222, India
Station Code: DHNE
Station Name: DHONE
Zone: SCR/South Central
Train Frequency Weekly: 120
Station Traffic: Medium
|To Check Ticket Availibility Click Classes|
A Photograph of a Goods Train running with Electric Locomotive oÂn Electric Traction
South Central Railway has completed the electrification works oÂn 2 major sections situated oÂn Mumbai route. These are â€“ 310 kms long Renigunta to Guntakal section oÂn Chennai â€“ Mumbai route; and 161 kms long Lingampalli to Wadi section oÂn Secunderabad - Mumbai route. The energization of the last legs in these sections this week marks a giant step forward in the progressive electrification of all major routes oÂn SCR.
Renigunta â€“ Guntakal Section:
The Electrification of this key route was sanctioned in FY 2004-05. Works started from Renigunta and the track between Renigunta and Muddanur (180 kms) was gradually electrified in various phases during the period 2008-12. Subsequently, works have been taken up in the remaining stretch from Muddanur to Guntakal (130 kms).The last leg oÂn this route, a 30 kms long Gooty â€“ Guntakal section, has been charged oÂn 5th December, 2013, enabling running of goods trains oÂn electric traction seamlessly from Chennai/Krishnapatnam ports to Guntakal. At present, 50 goods trains are being run oÂn an average per day in this section. Complete electrification oÂn this section will give boost to the freight traffic, especially to the movement of the commodities - coal, iron ore and cement via this route.
While the works oÂn Renigunta to Nandaluru section (87 kms) were executed by Railway Electrification unit Chennai, the works from Nandaluru to Guntakal (223 kms) were taken up by M/s.Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL). Express/passenger trains will also be run directly up to Guntakal oÂn this route after getting clearance from the Commissioner of Railway Safety, who is likely to inspect the Muddanur â€“ Guntakal section in January, 2014. The total expenditure oÂn this challenging electrification project, spread over 310 route kms (736 track kms) is around `392 crs. Several infrastructural units like - 22 switching stations; 5 maintenance depots and 5 Traction substations form part of this project.
Lingampalli â€“ Wadi section:
This electrification project over 161 route kms (411 track kms) was sanctioned in FY 2006-07. The works commenced from Lingampalli and progressed in a phased manner towards Wadi. The electrification works oÂn Lingampalli â€“ Vikarabad section (50 kms) and Vikarabad â€“ Tandur section ( 41 kms) have gradually been completed in phases during the period from January, 2010 to March, 2011. The electrification of the remaining stretch from Tandur to Wadi (70 kms) has also been completed recently. The goods lines in the Wadi yard have been energized oÂn 11thDecember, 2013, which will facilitate running of goods trains oÂn electric traction continuously from Secunderabad to Wadi. Currently, around 25 goods trains are being operated per day in this route. Provision of electric traction oÂn the entire route offers immense scope for improvement of freight traffic, mainly of the movement of commodities â€“ coal, cement and clinker in this sector.
The electrification of passenger lines at Wadi station is likely to be completed in January, 2014. Express/passenger trains will be run with electric engines in Secunderabad â€“ Wadi section after clearance from CRS, which is likely to be in March, 2014. This prestigious project has been executed by the Railway Electrification unit, Secunderabad, at a cost of around`204 crs.
At present, South Central Railway has got 41% of its route kms electrified i.e. 2375 route kms, out of a total of 5810 route kms. In addition, electrification works oÂn another major section from Guntakal to Wadi are under active progress and works oÂn Guntur to Guntakal route will also be taken up shortly.
Running the trains oÂn electric traction yields several operational and economic benefits. An extended network of electrified Railway lines will enable seamless running of trains over long distances without any need for loco change from electric to diesel and vice-versa. It reduces the travel time benefiting the passengers and freight customers. Due to lesser detentions, average speed of the goods trains and passenger trains increases, which in turn improves availability of crew. Electric traction offers pollution-free transportation and considerable fuel economy, which is socio-economically beneficial.
Shri P.K.Srivastava, General Manager/SCR complemented the team of SCRâ€™s officers for the commendable achievement of electrifying the two major sections as mentioned above. The GM advised the officials to speed up the progress of electrification oÂn other sanctioned routes also so as to derive the optimal operational benefit. SCR completed Electrification of two major sections of Renigunta â€“ Guntakal and Lingampalli - Wadi oÂn Mumbai route; And prepares for the running of express/passenger trains oÂn Electric traction in these routes shortly.
Chief Public Relations Officer
South Central Railway is running several special trains between various destinations including Sabarimalai specials to clear extra rush of passengers. The earliest dates on which vacant berths are available under general Quota (not Tatkal Quota) in these trains are furnished below for the benefit of travelling public:- (Position as at 08 00 hrs on 5th December).
1. Train No. 07109 Hyderabad â€“ Kollam Special (via., Kazipet, Vijayawada) 10 berths in First AC, 25 seats in AC Chair Car on 12th December, 2013.
2. Train No. 07115 Hyderabad â€“ Kollam Special(via., Nadikudi, Guntur) 10 berths in First AC, 44 seats in AC Chair Car on 13th December, 2013.
3. Train No. 07113 Karimnagar â€“ Kollam Special(via., Vijayawada, Tirupati) 15 berths in AC I1 Tier on 30th December, 2013.
4. Train No. 07111 Sirpurkazagnagar â€“ Kollam Special(via., Vijayawada, Tenali, Tirupati) 17 berths in AC II Tier on 4thJanuary, 2014.
5. Train No. 07219 Vijayawada â€“ Kollam Special(via., Tenali, Tirupati) 18 berths in AC II Tier on 3rd January, 2014.
6. Train No. 07211 Kakinada Town â€“ Kollam Special(via., Eluru, Vijayawada, Tirupati) 4 berths in AC II Tier on 12th December, 2013.
7. Train No. 07217 Narsapur â€“ Kollam Special(via., Gudivada, Vijayawada, Tirupati) 11 berths in AC II Tier on 30th December, 2013.
8. Train No. 07221 Machlipatnam â€“ Kollam Special (via., Vijayawada, Tenali, Tirupati) 16 berths in AC II Tier on 06th January, 2014.
9. Train No. 07505 Aurangabad â€“ Kollam Special(via., Kacheguda, Gooty, Cuddappa, Tirupati) 9 berths in AC II Tier, 11 berths in AC III Tier on 6th December, 2013.
10. Train No. 07507 Akola â€“ Kollam Special (via., Kacheguda, Gooty, Cuddappa, Tirupati)
6 berths in AC II Tier, 16 berths in AC III Tier on 13thDecember, 2013.
11.Train No. 07509 Adilabad â€“ Kollam Special (via.,Kacheguda, Gooty, Cuddappa, Tirupati) 12 berths in AC II Tier, 30 berths in AC III Tier on 27th December, 2013.
12. Train No. 07408 Tirupati â€“ Akola Special (via., Dhone, Kacheguda, H S Nanded) 18 berths in AC II Tier, 59 berths in AC III Tier, 196 berths in Sleeper Class on 17th December, 2013.
13. Train No. 07410 Tirupati â€“ Aurangabad Special (via., Dhone, Kacheguda, H S Nanded) 18 berths in AC II Tier, 53 berths in AC III Tier, 166 berths in Sleeper Class on 10th December, 2013.
14. Train No. 07407 Tirupati â€“ Adilabad Special(via., Dhone, Kacheguda, Mudhked) 18 berths in AC II Tier, 59 berths in AC III Tier, 196 berths in Sleeper Class on 31st December, 2013.
15. Train No. 02728 Secunderabad â€“ Visakhapatnam AC Super Fast special 13 berths in First AC, 63 berths in AC II Tier, 240 berths in AC III Tier on 6th December, 2013.
Chief Public Relations Officer
NO Comments. Be the first to Comment...