Indian Railway has introduced the system of issuing of a Photo ID for the differently abled persons which will enable them to book their tickets on-line through e-ticketing as well as across the counter.While the persons requiring these ID cards have the option of sending in the required papers by post to the Divisional Offices in Chennai, Tiruchchirappalli, Madurai, Salem, Palakkad and Thiruvananthapuram, Southern Railway has gone one step further to make it more convenient for concession holders to apply for the Railway ID.
In addition to the Divisional Offices which will receive these applications on all working dates, the Railway has made arrangements at 36 additional locations for receiving the applications at the railway station between 10.00 and 13.00 hrs. on every Tuesday and Thursday.The list of these locations is detailed below.
1. Erode, 2. Karur, 3. Tiruppur, 4. Coimbatore, 5. Udhagamandalam, 6. Dindigul,
7. Virudhunagar, 8. Manamadurai, 9. Tenkasi, 10. Tirunelveli, 11. Tuticorin,
12. Villupuram, 13. Kumbakonam, 14. Thanjavur, 15. Mayiladuthurai, 16. Nagapattinam, 17. Nagercoil, 18. Arakkonam, 19. Katpadi, 20. Chengalpattu, 21. Jolarpettai,
22. Gummidipundi, 23. Puducherry, 24. Kollam, 25. Kottayam, 26. Alappuzha,
27. Ernakulam South, 28. Thrissur, 29. Shoranur, 30. Tirur, 31. Kozhikode,
32. Thalassery, 33. Kannur, 34. Payyanur, 35. Kasaragod and 36. Mangalore.
These 36 locations will commence receiving applications from the 1st of May and continue to do so for a period of two months after which the Divisional Offices alone will continue to receive the applications.
Concession holders, therefore, have the following three options:
1. Send their application by post to the Senior Divisional Commercial Managers of the Divisions concerned.
2. Visit Chennai, Tiruchchirappalli, Madurai, Salem, Palakkad and Thiruvananthapuram Railway Divisional Offices on any working day and submit their applications.
3. Submit their applications at the stations listed above on any Tuesday or Thursday between 10.00 hrs. and 13.00 hrs.
On completion of verification, the cards can be collected from the place of submission, in person or through an authorized representative on Tuesdays and Thursdays.If the concession holder can submit his mobile phone number along with his application, he/she will be intimated by an SMS to collect the card.If not, they may collect the card after three weeks.
SouthernRailwayIndia (@SRailwayIndia) | Twitter