Indian Railwaysis celebrating the “Passenger and Customer facilitation Fortnight” -“Railyatri/Upbhokta Pakhwada” from 26th May, 2015 till 9thJune, 2015, all over its network. The celebrations are underway on South Central Railway on a massive scale, with Shri P.K.Srivastava, General Manager, South Central Railway drawing up a concrete plan of action for the entire fortnight, meant as a outreach to the rail users and customers, virtually reaching to their door steps.
Along with the General Manager, the Divisional Railway Managers of all the Six Divisions of SCR viz., Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Nanded and Guntur are visiting various locations and interacting with the rail users and inspecting the Railway facilities. With a view to ensure that every station is covered, Railway Officials at various levels are also involved in the task. Amongst the major initiatives in the initial period of the fortnight long celebrations, from 26th till 29th May, 2015 are :-
1) New Passenger Facilities have been inaugurated / launched on SCR including provision of Wi-Fi network at Secunderabad Railway station, additional booking counters at Secunderabad Railway station, Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVMs) at Vijayawada, Khammam Railway stations, Facade lighting at 2nd entry of Vijayawada Railway station, General Waiting Hall on Platform No.1 at Vijayawada Railway station, ATVMs at Kurnool City Railway station, Help Desk at Kurnool City, Tirupati and Guntakal Railway stations, Solar Plants at Donakonda, RO water plant at Cumcum and Giddalur stations etc.
2) Road shows and interactions with passengers has been under taken at Secunderabad, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Jalna-Nagarsol, Selu, Chittoor, Adilabad, Vijayawada-Eluru, Tirupati, Pakala, Kacheguda, Khammam, Vikarabad, Nanded, Rajampet, Vijayawada, ongole, Narsipatnam Road and several other stations till date on all Divisions.
3) 24 Health Check up camps have been organised at various stations including Chittor, Yeraguntla, Sri Kalahasti, Selu, Dornakal Junction, Bapatla, Narsipatnam, Himayatnagar, Narsipatnam, Ramapuram, Vatluru, Pendakallu etc.,
4) The Railway staff quarters have been inspected at 40 different locations including Secunderabad, Kurnool City, Yadagir, Tandur, Jaulka, Hiwar Khed, Bellary, Mancherial, Dornakal, Rajhamundry, Cavalry Barracks, Selu, Washim, Kadapa, Tenali, Parli Vaijyanath, Himayatnagar, Purna, Bhimavaram, Nizamabad, Nanded, Parli, Dharmavaram etc.,
5) Intensive Drives to inspect Catering Services by 15 trains and at 54 stations including Pantry cars of Sathavahana, Venkatadri, Yesvantapur-Howrah, Dhanbad-Allaphuza, Coimbatore-Mumbai LTT, Chennai-Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani, Howrah-Tiruchurapalli, Secunderabad-Patna Expresses, Tea/Fruit Juice/Miscellenous Stalls at Kamareddi, Nanded, Mudhked, Gooty, Gudivada, Bhimavaram Jn, Nadikudi, Adilabad, Satanapalli, Vikarabad, Nizamabad, Gudur, Dharmavaram, Kacheguda, Jalna, Renigunta, Sirpur Kagazhnagar etc.,
6) 114 Safety Awareness Drives and Campaign undertaken at Level Crossing Gates, Railway Yards, Crew Booking Offices etc., on all the Divisions of SCR.
7) Punctuality Drive has been conducted by 29 trains on SCR.
8) Vigilance drive conducted at 10 locations i.e., Malkajgiri, Chandanagar, Malakpet, Yakutpura Booking Offices, Moula-ali, Dilsuknagar, Cherlapalli, Hafizpet, Yakutpura Reservation Centres, Godavari Express.
9) Intensive Ticket Checking Drives including Fortress Check, Massive Check, Ambush Check has been conducted at Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Nanded, Kacheguda- Kurnool City, Nizamabad-Sivangaon, Mudhked, Vijayawada, Warangal, Mancherial, Adilabad, Sattenapalli, Guntakal-Gooty, Khammam, Jalna, Tirupati-Renigunta, ongole-Gudivada etc.,
10) Cleanliness and Sanitation Drive conducted at 41 stations including Kadapa, Aurangabad, Pakala, Dharmavaram, Rajhmundary, Parbhani, Secunderabad, Mancherial, Dornakal Jn, Kazipet, Warangal, Samalkot, Narsaraopeta, Nagarur, Jakkalacheruvu, Yerragudipad etc.,
11) Cleanliness and Sanitation Drive conducted in 76 trains including Goutami, Kerala, Sabari, Hussainsagar, Chennai, Narayandri, Palnadu, Janmabhoomi, Narsapur, East Coast, Yesvantapur, Krishna, Tirumala Expresses etc.,
12) 190 Security drive by Railway Protection Force (RPF) conducted all over the Zone.
13) Yoga Camps conducted at Railway Health Unit, Chilkalguda which was attended by 252 people.
14) Skill Development Programm conducted at 2 locations of Diesel Shed, Gooty & Zonal Civil Engineering Training Institute, Kacheguda which benefited 400 staff
15) Brand “Indian Railway” has been focused through the Social Media including 308 postings each on Twitter and Face book on SCR on real time basis.
(M. Umashankar Kumar)
Chief Public Relations Officer
In order to clear extra rush of passengers in view of strike by employees unions of APSRTC, SCR will run nine special trains as per the following schedule:-
1) Secunderabad-Tirupati-Secunderabad Special Train (2 Services)
Train No. 07429 Secunderabad-Tirupati Special train will depart Secunderabad at 15:30 hrs on 7thMay, 2015 and arrive Tirupati at 03:40 hrs on the next day.
In the return direction, Train No.07430 Tirupati-Secunderabad Special train will depart Tirupati at 12:45 hrs on 8th May, 2015 and arrive Secunderabad at 03:30 hrs on the next day.
Enroute, these trains will stop at Kacheguda, Jadcherla, Mahbubnagar, Wanaparti Road, Gadwal, Kurnoor City, Dhone, Gooty, Tadipatri, Kondapuram, Muddanur, Yerraguntla, Kadapa, Nandalur, Rajampet, Koduru, and Renigunta.
These special trains will consist of 15 Coaches viz., one AC III Tier, one AC II Tier, nine Sleeper Class, two General Second Class and two General Second Class Luggage Cum Brake Van Coaches.
2) Hyderabad-Kakinada Port - Hyderabad Special Trains:(2 Services)
Train No. 07005 Hyderabad-Kakinada Port Special Train will depart Hyderabad at 23:40 hrs on 6th May, 2015 arrive/depart Secunderabad at 00:05/00:15 on the next day and arrive Kakinada Port at 13:55 hrs.
In the return direction, Train No. 07006 Kakinada Port - Hyderabad Special Train will depart Kakinada Port at 15:30 hrs on 7th May, 2015 and arrive/depart Secunderabad at 04:30/04:40 hrs on the next day and arrive Hyderabad at 05:15 hrs.
Enroute, these special trains will stop at Nalgonda, Miryalaguda, Nadikude, Piduguralla, Sattenapalli, Guntur, Mangalagir, Vijayawada, Gudivada, Kaikaluru, Akivedu, Bhimavaram Town, Tanuku, Nidadavolu, Kovvuru, Rajahmundry, Dwarapudi, Samalkot, and Kakinada Town stations in both the directions.
These trains will have 14 coaches viz, one AC II Tier, one AC III Tier, nine Sleeper Class, one General Second Class and two Second Class luggage cum brake van coaches.
3) Guntur-Kakinada Port Special Train: (one Service)
Train No. 07643 Guntur-Kakinada Port Special Train will depart Guntur at 20:50 hrs on 6thMay, 2015 and arrive Kakinada Port at 03:00 hrs on the next day.
Enroute, this special train will stop at Managalagiri, Vijayawada, Eluru, Tadepalligudem, Nidadavolu, Kovvur, Rajahmundry, Dwarapudi, Anaparti, Samalkot and Kakinada Town stations. This train will have 13 coaches viz, eight Sleeper Class, two General Second Class and two Second Class luggage cum brake van coaches.
4) Tirupati–Dharmavaram Special Train (one service)
Train No. 07274 Tirupati- Dharmavaram Special Train will depart Tirupati at 21:30 hrs on 06thMay, 2015 and arrive Dharmavaram at 09:00 hrs on the next day.
Enroute, this special train will stop at Renigunta, Kadapa, Tadipatri, Gooty and Anantapur. This train will have 8 General coaches and two Second Class Luggage Cum brake van coaches totalling to 10 coaches.
5) Dharmavaram – Kadapa Special Train (one Service)
Train No. 07273 Dharmavaram-Kadapa Special Train will depart Dharmavarm at 15:00 hrs on 07th May, 2015 and arrive Kadapa at 00:00 hrs on the same day.
Enroute, this special train will stop at Anantapur, Gooty and Tadipatri. This train will have 8 General coaches and two Second Class luggage cum brake van coaches totalling to 10 coaches
6) Tirupati–Guntakal Special Train (one service)
Train No. 07475 Tirupati- Guntakal Special Train will depart Tirupati at 23:00 hrs on 6thMay, 2015 and arrive Guntakal at 10:30 hrs on the next day.
Enroute, this special train will stop at Pakala, Madanapalli, Dharmavaram, Anantapur and Kalluru. This train will have 8 General coaches and two Second Class luggage cum brake van coaches totalling to 10 coaches.
7)Guntakal -Dharmavaram Special Train (one Service)
Train No. 07476 Guntakal - Dharmavaram Special Train will depart Guntakal at 14:30 hrs on 7thMay, 2015 and arrive Dharmavaram at 17:30 hrs on the Same day.
Enroute, this special train will stop at Kallur and Anantapur and. This train will have 8 General coaches and two Second Class luggage cum brake van coaches totalling to 10 coaches.
8) 24 Extra Coaches: 24 additional coaches of various classes have been attached to several popular trains originating from the twin cities of Secunderabad/Hyderabad today i.e., 6th May, 2015 providing 1,600 additional berths / seats.
Emergency meeting by Govt. of AP: To review the transportation arrangements in view of Strike by APSRTC, Government of AP has convened an emergency meeting. Shri R. Kishore Babu, Hon’ble Minister for Social Welfare & Empowerment and Tribal Welfare & Empowerment, Shri IVR Krishna Rao, Chief Secretary, Shri Sambasiva Rao, MD / APSRTRC, Shri Sombabu, Principal Secretary, Transport, (Roads and Buildings) Govt. of AP and Shri Siva Prasad, Chief Passenger Traffic Manager, South Central Railway were present and discussed the issues related to running of special trains and other necessary arrangements in view of the strike. Further, Shri P.K. Srivastava, General Manager, South Central Railway, advised all the Divisional Railway Managers to be in touch with District officials and co-ordinate the transport needs of public.
(M. Umashankar Kumar)
Chief Public Relations Officer
NO Comments. Be the first to Comment...